I am not even sure I know exactly what a Meme is – but Sognatrice asked all of her foodie buddies to join her in this. I guess I qualify, so here it goes!
1. Can you cook? If yes do you like to cook?
I can and I absolutely LOVE it!
2. When does your whole family come together to eat?
Well we live fairly close to our relatives, so we usually get together every month for a big ol’ family dinner. But immediate family, everyday, unless there is something special going on!
3. What do you have for breakfast?
Coffee! I just got a caffettiera, a little stovetop espresso machine and it is wonderful! To go with it I normally have something bready – like toast or an english muffin. On rare occassions I will have a smoothie.
Hmmâ€¦maybe I should start thinking about an espresso smoothie!
4. When, where and how do you eat through the week?
I mostly eat at home.
5. How often do you eat out?
Not very often, unless Roberto or I go out on a date or it is a special occassion with family, or we just want a little treat.
6. How often do you order in or get take out?
Barely ever. If we are getting food from the outside world, we usually eat it there.
7. Re: 5 & 6 – if money were no object would like to do it more often?
No. I would spend money on better ingredients for my own cooking and buy a lot more cooking gadgets! But when we did go out, I imagine it would be to nicer places!
8. Are there any standards that make a regular appearance at your table? Lots of salads. We like the freshness and the crunch of all the different flavors. I really like to be adventurous with my salad ingredients. I change it up all the time!We also enjoy a wide range of pork products!
9. Have you ever tried a recipe from another blog?
Not yet, but I am lucky that people have tried food from mine! That is always the nicest feeling. I did find some beautiful cookies on a blog that I might try soon.
10. Are there any quarrels because of food?
No. But if we didn’t have a lot of bread, I think Roberto might go crazy!
11. Are you a vegetarian or could you imagine living as a vegetarian?
I was a vegetarian for over 10 years. I could see myself doing it again, as I use a lot of vegetables in my own cooking and many times we have meatless meals without intending it to be that way. However, I love pork too much to give it up. When I was a veg, I always made an exception every year for my grandfather’s homemade sausage! Man, do I miss that!
12. What would you like to try out that you haven’t dared yet?
I have pretty much tried anything I have ever had the oppurtunity to eat…so I am not sure I could think of anything off hand. I’ll always try something once – maybe fried grasshoppers
13. Would you rather cook or bake?
Hands down, COOK! I have just recently started trying my hands at baking, but I still hate kneading bread!
14. What was the most terrible mess you’ve ever made in the kitchen?
As I mentioned I just recently started baking and over Easter I only put one beater in the mixer!
15. What do your kids like to eat best? What would your kids never eat?
I don’t have kids of my own, but Roberto’s daughters have always loved my cooking. Off hand, I think they do not like the fact that we mostly have whole wheat breads and not a lot of junk. They are used to eating differently.
16. What do you dislike most?
Marjoram…Don’t know why, but I just never had a taste for it. Just recently have I grown to like celery. But other than that, anything is fair game, except maybe sheep lung and lutefisk (gelatinous fish) not my fav!