As a blogger, aspiring to bring my readers better food, more interesting stories, and drool-worthy photos of my creations, I look to other bloggers who do what I want to do, but do it better. They are like virtual mentors whose posts I pour over, and get excited about when I see them in my inbox. They are the bloggers whose nearly every recipe ends up in my “to make” box.
One of these bloggers is Jenny from Nourished Kitchen. To me, she is a marvel – she makes delicious, nutrient dense foods, using practices our great grandparents did – making fermented vegetables, cultured dairy products, and using real butter, full fat raw milk and real bacon! While raising a family AND managing her local farmers market! I have been working to eat more and more this way over the past months, and I always look to Jenny’s delicious blog for inspiration. She is a wealth of information and really one of the most gracious bloggers I have been in contact with.
So it is with excitement that I am announcing her awesome e-course! After hearing over and over again from her readers a need for a simple, but thorough way to better incorporate local foods and back-to-basics, traditional cooking into their kitchens, she began work on this e-course. Through this interactive 12-week program Jenny will show you the ropes to making delicious , good for you food that won’t break your back, or your budget, that is usually local, organic and in season. This is the time to start your own Food Revolution, faithful readers! If you aren’t convinced, take a look at these amazing dishes:
Are you drooling yet? If so, here are the details on the e-course! Don’t forget Class begins June 1, 2010, and registration closes on May 31st!!! So you need to act fast!
What You’ll Get
- 12 Comprehensive, Multi-media Online Classes
- Video Tutorials Teaching You How to Cook Real Food
- Digital Workbook to Take Notes & Develop Your Own Recipes
- Charts Outlining Seasonally Available Foods
- Fact Sheets and Handy Tips Analyzing the Value of Real Food
- Online Discussion Forum for Members Only
- Menu Planning Tips & Sample Meal Plans
- Sample Shopping Lists and Equipment Recommendations
- SPECIAL BONUS: Discouts & Coupons from Companies I Trust
You’ll Learn How to:
- Shop for whole, unrefined local foods in season.
- Maximize nutrition and minimize cost.
- Plan meals that will help you stick to your food budget.
- Bake organic whole grain bread for a fraction of the cost of store-bought.
- Save a mint making homemade yogurt, cheese and pickles.
- Make use of cheaper cuts of meat with slow cooking.
- Make healthy homemade soda for just pennies a gallon.
The Lesson Overview
Lesson #1: What is Real Food & Where to Find It
Lesson #2: Eat Whole Grain
Lesson #3: Homemade Sourdough Bread
Lesson #4: Homemade Salad Dressings
Lesson #5: Prepare Seasonal Vegetables
Lesson #6: Make Real Pickles
Lesson #7: Roasted & Slow-cooked Meats
Lesson #8: Stocks, Broths & Soups
Lesson #9: Easy Homemade Yogurt & Cheese
Lesson #10: Soda & Soft Drink Alternatives
Lesson #11: Naturally Sweet Desserts
Lesson #12: Menus & Meal Planning
Check out Jenny’s eCourse here, watch a promo video, and find out how to register. Class begins June 1, 2010, and registration closes May 31st!!! Every weekly course is at your leisure, at your own computer screen, and they’re all supported by a forum where you can ask Jenny and other participants questions. There are limited spaces available.
Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Nourished Kitchen’s online eCourse, so I will be earning a commission from any sales made after clicking a link in this post. This e-course it taking the blogosphere by storm, with many affiliates, so if you’re going to sign up for Jenny’s course (and you’re not one of her faithful readers), it would be appreciated to start here with my link.